Thank you for visiting my website and for your interest in my work, I'm so glad you're here.
Known for the sophistication, clarity and artful composition of my work, I bring a distinct point of view to every wedding I photograph. Each wedding is very different from the other and my work reflects this personalization. The beauty of love and family dynamics plus the joy and bravery in making a lifelong commitment all motivate me to capture a wedding day and all its many moving parts. It's important to me to tell the whole story, not just the posed and pretty elements.
I specialize in editorial photojournalism which means I will leave you alone to enjoy your wedding day while making everything look magazine pretty. I capture the inherent and unique beauty of every wedding and celebrate real moments brimming with emotional honesty. It is important to me to find the heart of your wedding, and tell your story in a way that best highlights your love for each other and your families. Wedding day joy is the common denominator in my imagery.
I've been a professional photographer for more than twenty years and have photographed well over five hundred gorgeous weddings. When I got my start typical wedding photography was wooden, formal, and uninspiring. I began my career using a highly personal and new way of shooting that spoke to my clients and added something long missing from most people's idea of wedding imagery: spontaneity. Naturalness became my guide, and fleeting moments became my touchstones. I am very proud to have been in the vanguard of this innovative movement towards spontaneity and creativity of capture.
My work has been printed in many noted magazines including Town and Country, Town and Country Weddings, Brides Magazine, Modern Bride, Virginia Living, The Knot National, The Knot NC and The Knot Maryland, Virginia and DC, Ines del Mar Destination Weddings, Vow Magazine, and Bride and Bloom . My work has also been featured on wonderful blogs like The Huffington Post, Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes, Elizabeth Anne Designs and The Bride's Cafe.
I have been chosen by Virginia Living Magazine as one of Virginia's top wedding photographers yearly since the inception of that distinction, and recently won the top prize in Vow Magazine's Image Contest, both lovely honors.
I'm married to a wonderful attorney and we are lucky to have two lively and charming sons. When I'm not shooting or editing I'm renovating my old house, pulling weeds, cooking something yummy, reading or knitting. I'm also a serious hand crafter working in many mediums. I teach people how to make lovely and useful things through workshops and crafting classes.
I encourage you to get in touch with me as I would love to photograph your wedding or portrait session.
608 Redgate Avenue, Norfolk VA 23507
A few of the Places I've worked:
- Chrysler Museum of Art, Norfolk Virginia
- Keswick Hall
- Ritz Carlton, Rose Hall Jamaica
- Hotel Sierra Nevada, San Miguel de Allende Mexico
- Hermitage Museum and Gardens, Norfolk Virginia
- Four Seasons, DC
- Ritz Carlton, DC
- Biltmore House, Asheville NC
- Yale Club, NYC
- Cavalier Golf and Yacht, Virginia Beach
- Princess Anne Country Club, Virginia Beach
- Country Club of Virginia, Richmond
- Dover Hall, Richmond Virginia
- Norfolk Yacht Club, Norfolk Virginia
- Graylyn, Winston-Salem NC
- Half Moone, Norfolk Virginia
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond
- Monumental Church, Richmond Virginia
- Christ and Saint Lukes, Norfolk Virginia
- Papagayo, Guanacaste Costa Rica
- Private homes, San Miguel de Allende Mexico
- Williamsburg Winery, Williamsburg Virginia
- River Farm, DC
- Maymont, Richmond Virginia
- Tuckahoe Plantation, Richmond Virginia
- Bolling Haxall House, Richmond Virginia
- The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek, Cape Charles Virginia
- Private homes on the Eastern Shore and Northern Neck of Virginia